Are you experiencing any digestive issues? You would benefit from a stool analysis to identify the root cause of the problem. Bacteria, viruses, and parasites can cause digestive discomfort and dysregulation, affecting your daily life – and identifying them can help you to explore treatment options.
Inside Health Clinic offers stool analysis in Oakville to help you optimize your digestive health – identifying any obstacles to nutrient absorption. Why not reach out to our friendly team of expert health practitioners today to take a step toward digestive well-being?
What Is A Stool Analysis
A stool analysis is functional testing that will help your health practitioner determine the root cause of your digestive tract and overall health problems.
A stool analysis helps identify parasites, viruses, and bacteria in the digestive system. It can also identify other digestive tracts issues like cancer or poor nutrient absorption. The gut microbiome plays a vital role in immune system health, which makes your digestive health a priority.
If you’re experiencing digestive discomfort, a stool analysis is a suitable course of action. A food intolerance test will also help you to understand your food intolerances and adapt your diet to optimize your digestive health. Both tests are beneficial for improving digestive health, and your practitioner can give you health tips based on your results.
Signs You Need A Stool Analysis
If you’re experiencing any of the digestive issues listed below, it is in your best interest to schedule a stool analysis with your local health practitioner:
- A chronic illness affecting your digestive system, such as irritable bowel syndrome
- Consistent diarrhea lasting over 2 weeks
- Feeling nauseous
- Abdominal cramps
- Blood and mucus in your stool
If you experience any of the above symptoms, a stool sample can help you to understand the underlying cause of your digestive issues. Since these symptoms can be associated with serious health complications like colon cancer, it’s crucial to take action as soon as possible.
What Happens In A Comprehensive Stool Analysis?
When you book a comprehensive stool analysis appointment, you can expect the following:
- Providing the stool sample – your health practitioner will give you a plastic container to collect your stool sample. You can do this at home, but your stool must not touch the toilet. Your toilet contains other germs that could affect your test results. Refrigerate the sample and return it to your practitioner within 24 hours.
- Stool analysis – your sample will be sent to a lab to be tested for microorganisms, bacteria, yeast, and parasites contributing to chronic illness and neurological dysfunction. The testing will also provide insight into digestive inflammation, bacteria levels, and immune function.
- Receiving your results – your practitioner will provide you with a clear understanding of your test results and whether any digestive health complications are present. They can advise you on the best course of treatment for the issue.
Identifying the issues with your digestive health goes a long way towards helping you to correct the problem with treatment and better nutritional health. The stool analysis process is non-invasive, providing insight into how well your body works.
If your health practitioner identifies inflammation without apparent cause, they may recommend a blood test for food intolerance or other health issues.
Book A Stool Analysis In Oakville At Inside Health Clinic!
Stool analysis is a straightforward process, allowing you to gain insight into your digestive health without undergoing lengthy medical testing. Since you can easily collect your sample at home and drop it off, the process is non-invasive and convenient.
To better understand your digestive needs and complications, why not book a stool analysis in Oakville with our experienced team of medical practitioners at Inside Health Clinic?