Blood, saliva, and/or urine metabolites are the most clinically relevant way to assess hormones levels within the body. These hormones include: estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone.
Hormone testing is especially useful in determining imbalances and most often prescribed to individuals experiencing menopause, PMS, irregular menses, PCOS, fertility issues, stress, loss of libido, unusual hair growth patterns, or bone loss. After determining hormone levels, a treatment plan is developed to address any imbalances.
A comprehensive hormone panel will also look at adrenal health, how well (or unwell) your body responds to stress. Levels of the main adrenal hormone, cortisol, rise and fall in a daily pattern that underlies the more erratic fluctuations caused by the stress response.
A hormonal imbalance is typically the underlying cause of fatigue, menstrual and fertility issues, weight gain and mood disorders.
The key to improving your hormonal symptoms is to test and identify which hormones are “out of whack.” Then with Naturopathic treatment, we work on returning your hormones to balance.
- -Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- -Correcting imbalances through supplementation, botanical medicine, and clinical nutrition
- -Stress reduction techniques including mindfulness, yoga and meditation
- -IV vitamin/nutritional therapy
- -Colon Hydrotherapy
- -PEMF (pulse electromagnetic field therapy)
- -Lymphatic Enhancement